Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Key Lime Coconut Cashew Butter

I'm a big fan of cashews. They're kind of every vegan's best friend, am I right? Soak those babies overnight and they will transform into a creamy cheese to add to your lasagna or a filling for your favorite pie with very little effort. What's not to love?

So when I thought about creating a recipe starring this magical little nut, I knew I wanted it to highlight the sunnier days ahead as well as inspire some double dipping at your next outdoor party. I don't mean to brag but I think I succeeded on both accounts.


1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight 
3-4 Medjool dates, soaked for an hour
1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon coconut milk or coconut cream
1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
1/2 - 1 teaspoon lime zest

After soaking, rinse cashews and dates well.

In a food processor, blend cashews, dates and shredded coconut until smooth. Add in the rest of ingredients and process until just combined. The end result should be a thick and creamy consistency, in-between a nut butter and a cream.

Serve with your choice of fresh fruit, graham crackers, pretzels, etc. and dip away!

Makes 1 cup cashew butter


This would also be amazing as a topping for your favorite oatmeal or waffle recipe. I can't wait to try it on top of my pumpkin pancakes tomorrow morning! 






In our house, there are always at least three different kind of nut butters in our fridge. In fact when I run out of almond butter, I kind of panic.  Does that make me a total weirdo? Do you have a similar obsession? Make me feel better about myself and tell me all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Food and nutrition. Wellness and balance. Creativity and style. Welfare and love. This is me and this is my blog. Welcome.