Monday, May 12, 2014

Lemon & Dill Baked Tofu & A Summer Salad

Lemon and dill. Such a summer combo, am I right? Both flavors have a lightness about them that make a great pairing as we move into the months of abundant fresh produce and clean recipes that can be whipped up with little effort. 

My first attempt at this marinade was a little too sour thanks to overdoing it on the citrus, but I decided to give it another go and I loved the outcome of the finished product. 

You can pair this tofu with a salad like I did, but it would also be great in a wrap with some hummus and veggies or on their own as an appetizer with your favorite dip. I've included all of the veggies and toppings I used if you'd like to recreate the salad I made - I highly suggest you do, because it was darn good. 




Lemon & Dill Baked Tofu


12 oz extra firm tofu

For Marinade:
1 tablespoon lemon juice
scant teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
1/2 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon dill
1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
1/2 teaspoon onion powder or minced dried onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and parsley mix

For Breading:
2 tablespoons panko crumbs
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes

For Salad:
1 cup mixed greens
1/2 cup kale, chopped
1/4 cup watermelon, sliced
1/4 cup cantaloupe, sliced
1/4 cup zucchini, chopped
1/4 cup radishes, finely sliced
1/2 cup cucumber, finely sliced
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
Dressing used: tahini sauce




Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cut tofu block in half, length-wise and then chop into 3-inch strips. 

Mix marinade ingredients in a small bowl.

Place sliced tofu into a baking dish and coat with marinade, making sure to  flip and coat both sides. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes. 

Mix breading ingredients in a small bowl and rub mixture onto both sides of tofu. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, flipping tofu halfway through. Tofu is done with edges are slightly golden brown. 

Serve at room temperature with chopped veggies. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Food and nutrition. Wellness and balance. Creativity and style. Welfare and love. This is me and this is my blog. Welcome.