Monday, April 21, 2014

PB & Jammed Bites

I had a hankering for something sweet the other day. Because the boyfriend and I are trying to save a little money here and there, I dug around my kitchen for inspiration and threw these treats together in a pinch.



It turns out they hit the spot perfectly. You really can't go wrong with classic pb & j.



With or without the crust cut off, totally up to you. In this case, that means roll them in oats or don't - they taste delicious either way.


PB&Jammed Bites

Ingredients:
1/2 cup peanuts, raw and unsalted
1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup dried berries (I used a cherry/blueberry mixture)
1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter or almond butter
1 tablespoon of your favorite jam or jelly (you can sub fresh strawberries as well)
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
*3 tbsp rolled oats

Except for the oats, add all of the ingredients to a food processor and mix until batter forms a sticky consistency.
Roll into balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
*Optional: roll balls in old fashioned oats

Makes about 14 servings




Consider yourself jammed. Parks & Rec, anybody? Anyone? Alright then.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Food and nutrition. Wellness and balance. Creativity and style. Welfare and love. This is me and this is my blog. Welcome.