Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Lovely Dessert: Chocolate Strawberry Chia Pudding For Two

Delicious and decadent desserts are kind of a must on Valentine's Day, am I right?

Even though the boyfriend and I don't celebrate the holiday in the traditional sense, we have made it a tradition to cook a homemade meal together followed by a tasty dessert.

This recipe is perfect for a cozy date at home. Chia puddings are super easy to whip up and pack a great nutritional punch as well.




Chocolate Strawberry Chia Pudding (serves 2)

6 tablespoons chia seeds
2 cups milk of choice (I used almond milk but coconut milk would be amazing!)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 cup strawberries
1 tablespoon agave syrup (or more if you have a sweet tooth)
2 tablespoons cacao powder (you can use cocoa powder as well)

Hand mix or blend all of the above ingredients. If you don't like the texture of full chia seeds, I strongly recommend blending everything together for a smooth, pudding-like consistency. It's up to you if you'd like to blend in the strawberries or add them in later. I enjoy the crunch (and the convenience) so I usually just stir this up by hand.

Toppings:
2 tbsp toasted coconut
2 tbsp sliced almonds

*Optional: dark chocolate, dried berries, granola

Divide into two cups and top with your choice of ingredients. Devour and fall in love!



No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Food and nutrition. Wellness and balance. Creativity and style. Welfare and love. This is me and this is my blog. Welcome.