Sunday, January 19, 2014

Quickie Eats: Just add fresh food!

Today's "Quickie Eats" is probably the easiest tip ever to help you out with healthy eating. And that tip is? Just add something fresh!

Pre-making a healthy lunch doesn't always happen for me. I wake up at the butt crack of dawn, so if I don't plan ahead (the night before or for the week) I end up grabbing something quick.  Even though pre-packaged foods aren't always the best, it's pretty easy to make them a little healthier for you.

1. Add greens.

I add greens to just about everything. Most of the time I can throw spinach or kale into any meal. Case in point: an Amy's bowl.


...and just look how much prettier that bowl of frozen food instantly looks with some fresh kale:




Another easy fix?

2. Add homemade leftovers to your convenience meal of choice, like so:


These lentil "meatballs" are so easy to whip up in bulk (I can't remember the exact recipe I used, but here's a great one to try out) so that you have something to add to a ton of meals throughout the work or school week. They definitely make a can of veggie soup hearty and filling for a mid-day pick-me-up. 

So that's it. If you're in a pinch, there's always a way to up the nutrition level of your quick meal. Do you have any go-to add-ins to share? Leave them in the comments below! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Food and nutrition. Wellness and balance. Creativity and style. Welfare and love. This is me and this is my blog. Welcome.