Sunday, December 15, 2013

Quickie Eats: Granola for One (or Two...)



I love granola.  However, I don't always love the quantity in which you find most granola recipes: size HUGE BATCH.

This is a problem for me for two reasons: 1. I almost always get sick of the combo I've made before it's finished, and 2. I switch up our meals so much that I can never finish a full batch.  My solution? Single-serving granola.  A no-brainer, right?  Obviously.

Below is a list of almost all of my favorite granola ingredients.  This is mildly healthy but certainly indulgent enough for dessert.  Feel free to add your own favorite nuts, dried fruit and nut butter.

Lady's Granola for 1 (...and 1/2...)

1/2 cup oats
1/2 tbsp maca powder
1/4 cup coconut
2 tbsp cup dried figs
1/4 cup nuts of choice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tbsp brown rice syrup
1/2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2-1 tbsp earth balance
optional: cacao nibs (I used 1/2 tbsp)

Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl until combined (oats, nuts. maca, cinnamon, cacao, coconut).
Melt Earth Balance and peanut butter over low heat until fully combined.  Pour mix as well as vanilla and brown rice syrup over dry ingredients and stir until everything is coated evenly.

Bake at 300 degrees for 30-35 minutes, stirring at least once during baking time. 
Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.  Once it is fully cooled, add in chocolate chunks and dried fruit.  Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Food and nutrition. Wellness and balance. Creativity and style. Welfare and love. This is me and this is my blog. Welcome.