Sunday, November 10, 2013

Quickie Eats: Almond Butter Banana Fro-yo

I'm all about an easy meal or snack that not only tastes delicious but also does a pretty good job of making me feel good.

Enter: Quickie Eats.  Once in awhile (or more often, we'll see...) I'd love to share a super easy recipe or concoction that I've whipped up in a pinch.  I know not everyone loves to cook, so hopefully these simple recipes will inspire you to get in the kitchen a little more often.

Almond Butter Banana Fro-yo For One:

It doesn't get any easier than this, folks.  Most of the ingredients are totally up to you, but the main idea stays the same.



1 frozen banana
1/2 cup yogurt (I use coconut-based because I tend to stay away from dairy, but feel free to use what you like)
1 tbsp nut butter (almond butter sounded great, but peanut butter will always have 1st place in my heart.  Sunbutter is delicious as well!)
1/4 tsp vanilla 
Toppings of choice: I kept it simple with some chocolate chunks.  Fresh or frozen fruit, shredded coconut, chia seeds, graham cracker crumbs, etc. are some of my favorites as well.

Place first 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until it creates a creamy, ice cream-like texture.  Scoop it  out into your favorite bowl, decorate and gobble up immediately!  If you can wait, pop it in the freezer for an extra 10 minutes - it'll firm up nicely.



*Bonus tip: turn this into a great energy-boosting protein shake by swapping out the yogurt with your favorite milk (I use almond milk) and a scoop of your protein of choice. It's pretty fantastic. 

How great is that? Quick, easy and delicious.  Give it a try and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Food and nutrition. Wellness and balance. Creativity and style. Welfare and love. This is me and this is my blog. Welcome.