Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hearty Baked Granola Pancake (For One)

Another breakfast recipe. I know, I'm so predictable.

After a whole lot of mornings of cold overnight oats and smoothie bowls, I decided I was ready for something warm and stick-to-your-ribs filling. Enter the baked pancake. Full of nuts and seeds and oats, this breakfast is full of texture and will keep you energized throughout the morning.



If you're a fan of crispier and thinner pancakes, I suggest splitting this recipe up into two dishes. I prefer a thicker pancake that eats more like a bread or muffin, so this is right up my alley.



Hearty Baked Granola Pancake (For One)


Dry ingredients:
2 tbsp oat flour
2 tbsp rolled oats
2 tbsp almond meal
1 tbsp flaxseed meal
1/2 tsp cinnamon
a pinch of salt
1/4 tsp baking powder

Wet ingredients:
1/4 cup and 1 tbsp almond milk
1 tbsp coconut oil, Earth Balance or apple sauce
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tbsp sweetener of choice (I omitted this but you could use agave, maple syrup, Stevia, or cane sugar)

Add-ins:
1 tbsp walnuts
1 tbsp chopped almonds
1-2 tbsp dried fruit
1/2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 tbsp hemp or sunflower seeds

Preheat oven to 350 and lightly oil a 6-inch ramekin. If you don't have a ramekin, feel free to use a muffin pan, an oven-safe mug or a mini cake pan.

In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Add in wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
*If you're using Earth Balance or coconut oil, make sure it's melted and slightly cooled. Once the base is combined, stir in add-ins. Pour mixture into ramekin and smooth out the top.


Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes

Once the pancake is slightly cooled, transfer onto a plate and top with syrup, fruit, nut butter, etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Food and nutrition. Wellness and balance. Creativity and style. Welfare and love. This is me and this is my blog. Welcome.